Monday, October 17, 2011

Welcome to My New Blog, Let Me Tell You What It Is About!

This is my first blog. So, for people who don't know me, my #1 passion in life is chess. This blog is going to be about me and my chess journey. My goal is to try to get better at chess, and to record it in a blog for others to see. I am hoping to become a chess expert by 16. In this blog, I will include my chess games, some tactics, stories about chess, advice, etc. I will try to make posts at least once a week. My family runs a scholastic chess club in Holland, MI, so I may talk about that occasionally.

I have several mentors that have helped me along the way in my chess journey. Dr. Tony Palmer is my chess coach from Saint Joseph. He has helped me a lot over the last year, and taught me most of what I know. Andy Catlin has also helped a lot with his own instructive website, and has given me much advice and coaching along my journey. He is a very nice guy.

And so now my journey begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment