Monday, February 6, 2012

Exciting Christmas Present (A little late, I know!)

In Early January, our family including grandparents and cousins met together for Christmas. What we did was an invention by my aunt, 'secret santa.' The idea was that in November, we would draw the name of a relative out of a hat. Whoever's name we drew, we had to make or give a present to that person. You were not allowed to buy anything, forcing it to come completely from the heart. =D I drew my father's name, and made him a video on youtube for him about his life in the past, and how he has helped me in life, including a slideshow of different accomplishments in his past. Unfortunately, I added a Toby Mac song into the background when I was editing. Even though we owned the song, we didn't have permission for copywright, and the entire audio from the video was disabled. : ( After that, we didn't have time to fix it, and ended up needing my dad's help in order for us to download it and burn it onto a CD properly. Then my dad figured out that I drew his name. Even though that didn't go that great, the present I got was amazing, and my main reason for this post. 8~D

Little did I know, the person who drew my name was none other than my Uncle, Bruce Conroy! You must know that my Uncle is amazing at making things out of wood, and carving different designs. Less than a year before, my uncle and my cousin Isaac, who is 16, made me this chess board out of wood. For Christmas, he made a great wooden table for the chess board. He had my dad measure the chess board while I was away at school to make sure he had the right measurements for the table. Together it was an amazing gift!

Overall that Christmas went very well. Thank you Uncle Bruce for making me such an amazing gift that I will contiinue to use for years and years!

 With his amazing talent, and knowing I love chess, he made me the perfect gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment