Thursday, February 2, 2012

practice makes perfect

Recently, I have been interested in top 100 lists. One main important list I hope to get onto is the National age 11 lists. My birthday is on June 5, and I'm eleven right now. My rating right now is 1571, and as you can see I need a 1640 rating to make it on. In order to make it on this list, I will need to not only play in more tournaments, but practice! Unless you practice, you won't improve. Right now I practice atleast 2 hours a day. Sometimes it can be over 7 hours! One problem I think I have is that I don't like reading books. : ( I think reading some books could teach me alot, but I just have to train myself to do it. When I was at Barnes and Noble one day I bought the Reasess Your Chess Workbook. Unfortunately, when I bought it, I didn't see that it was a workbook. That book and others like it have been good investments, and I think reading more books will help me alot. Another thing I should be working on is my tactics. Doing this will help me look for good moves. I am always looking for improvement, and to get better. This is why I named my blog 'Path to Promotion'. For now I will keep on training, and try my best to improve. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment